zanthess: (pissed)
I want to chuck my fsking robot out the window!

So I'd been having random problems with him not sensing, then not moving his right track forward, then the left track, then speakers not working, all while NOT changing or soldering ANYTHING.

I realize finally it's because I had to use two chip sockets for one chip, and it's put in crooked.

I fix it, and now no playback, and no movement on the left track.

GRAH!!!!


So for distraction I finally sat down and hashed out the code for my tea machine. I need to code more often when I'm angry. The entire program is DONE, like I've edited multiple times and tested done.

All that's left now is the wiring, which shall be done my my project partner. I had already done a majority of work when he needed a group to join. He doesn't seem to know programming, so I've done most of it, and he and I can work together to solder it together tomorrow. Maybe we'll even have a demo ready to show.

I have so many more plans for it after school is done as well. I'm glad I paid for all of it, I'm sure it will become a permanent part of my kitchen.

Time is going by so fast. T-minus 31 days and counting. That's 9 class periods...

Great googly moogly.
zanthess: (sleep)


I've added code now to turn the head, with each turn, Mortimer senses how much space he has to the left and to the right, and decides the most open option.

He gets stuck in the last bit of the video. I think it's because I haven't set a limit to how far he checks, the walls and the dining room table can be confusing to a simple bot. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Progress is progress!
zanthess: (eat)
Here's another vid of Mortimer.

Now that I have his range finder and track motors working, I wrote a small bit of code to make him somewhat-autonomous.

Right now he just turns right when he finds an obstacle, but I'm hoping when we get back from dinner I can hook up his head motor so that he can look in either direction and decide which way is the best to turn.

Here's the vid, enjoy and COMMENT!!! ^_^

zanthess: (sleepy)
Got his battery pack glued onto the back, Thing is, I didn't note which way to put it, so now it's REALLY difficult to attach and detach the power supply. Bleh.

So next best thing: I added a switch!

It's pretty nifty looking now. I even soldered on the head motor and the ultrasonic sensor to the circuit. I set up some code and debugged it so that what the ultrasonic sensor picked up, it sent back to my laptop. And what do you know, it works!

No pictures tonight, sorry. It all looks pretty much the same, save for a blinky red light on the sensor.

I'm hoping to set up a simple object avoidance program in the next few days, and will definitely post video about it.


P.S. I'm wondering if anyone reads all this stuff I post, I haven't gotten any comments in a while :(

Please, think of all those lonely comments needing a place to live...
zanthess: (busy)
I was able to set up my own board instead of having to use the picaxe project board. I needed it for another project. I don't have enough money to afford a project board, but have all the components I need to build my own. Go fig.



Sorry, still using the camera on my phone.

The motor driver running the tracks is the one on the top, obviously, with all the wires. I've included a reset button, and the second chip that runs the "head has power now.



I REALLY need some more soldering practice.

The board I bought was just a simple one from Radioshack. The two continuous strips running down the middle I set as Vcc and ground. This is a perfect sized board because I can put nearly all the components on it, switch out the processor (if need be), and it's wide enough so that I can mount it with some screws over the hole in the middle of the boards of the body.

I got his tracks to work and wrote a simple program to get him to go forward, backward, and turn. It was mainly a test to see if my circuitry worked.



Next step will be to get the SRF05 working and to see if I can get my bot to find objects without using the head motor.

'Ta.
zanthess: (sleep)
Finally got Mortimer to sorta work. Body was built today, I haven't finished soldering the circuit board, but here he is so far with an action shot!
onward! )

Profile

zanthess: (Default)
zanthess

February 2011

S M T W T F S
  12345
67 89101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728     

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2017 09:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios