zanthess: (celebrate)
[personal profile] zanthess
So this week I'm spending on standby at work, which means I show up, if they need me I work, if not I go home. Problem is, trying to figure out a cheap/effective way to this. Solution: Ride into work with hubby (so he can get carpool privileges), and go home on the bus.

Problem is, I've only ridden the bus on my own twice, and I didn't know there was a different schedule for winter and summer. My bus home no longer stopped at the same stop as my first bus.

I ended up down in the SODO district, and walked about 2 miles around and about, finally finding my way to the SODO bus transfer station.

Holy crap, I figured out my own way home! And no panicking!!! This is a huge step, considering the numerous panic attacks I've had the past week. I'm hoping this is some kind of improvement, and that I can focus on the feeling of not being panicked.

I think I can do this again. Will try a different route tomorrow if I don't have to work.

on 2008-06-03 01:49 am (UTC)
Posted by [identity profile] pearlzenith.livejournal.com
Congrats! I like taking the bus because it helps me learn my way around, but it can be scary, like the time I was visiting school on the East Coast, and didn't know how to get where I was going because they don't have schedules on the bus posts, so I called my dad to look up the schedule to make sure it ran, and then I waited and hoped for the best. It was actually one of the easiest rides ever, but I kept worrying that I'd miss my stop, or not know when to get off, which was silly, because that was easy, too. The train in Philly was not so fun, and I also went on sheer hope. Someday, I'm going to travel across the country by public bus, etc, and just trust that I'll get where I'm going, 'cause it's actually really exciting.

Profile

zanthess: (Default)
zanthess

February 2011

S M T W T F S
  12345
67 89101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 8th, 2026 11:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios